Know the details about the 2023 Aadi Krithigai Date Timings Kavadi Pooja Tithi Tamilnadu, 2023 Aadi Krithigai Date Timings Kavadi Pooja Tithi Tamilnadu
The famous celebration known as Aadi Karthigai (Aadi Krithiga) honours Lord Muruga. It is observed on Krithigai nakshatra day in Tamil calendar’s Aadi month. The narrative surrounding Aadi Karthigai is described in the Skanda Purana. To appease Murugan, Aadi Karthigai is celebrated on Aadi Karthigai day with great fervour. The main ceremony of Aadi Karthigai day is the Kavadi Yatra, which entails carrying kavadis and presenting them to the Lord. Lord Muruga’s Aarupadai Veedu (six illustrious temples). There are special homas and pujas conducted.
Devotees conduct more poojas and other religious rituals during the Aadi month. On the day of Krittika nakshatra in the Aadi month, Aadi Krittigai is observed.
2023 Aadi Krithigai Date Timings Kavadi Pooja Tithi Tamilnadu
Aadi Krittika, Aadi Krithika, and Aadi Krithikai are other ways to pronounce Aadi Krithigai. Due to the fortunate Krittika Nakshatra, this day is specifically set apart for worshipping to Lord Muruga.
The six Arupadai Veedu temples are decked on this day, and Lord Muruga receives special offerings.
Aadi Krithigai Date: 2023
Aadi Krithigai is observed on Wednesday, August 9, 2023.
Aadi Krithikai’s Tale
Six flames were allegedly emitted from Lord Shiva’s third eye in accordance with folklore. They were delivered to the Sarvana pond, where the Karthigai Pengal raised the flames, which later developed into six young.
Goddess Parvati finally hugged the six infants, giving them a single body and six faces. Lord Muruga was thus born. The Karthigai Pengal was then granted a blessing by Goddess Parvati so that a special pooja would be performed for Lord Muruga on Krittika star days.
The Aadi Krithigai Festival
- The six places where Lord Muruga resides, Tiruttani, Thiruchendur, Swamimalai, Palani, Pazhamudircholai, and Thirupparankundram, are the scene of numerous festivals.
- On this day, special pooja and homa are performed in the temples. Some followers will fast on this day. The devotees will sing mantras all day long.
- On this day, a unique dance called Kavadi attam is also performed. It is thought that fasting on this day and participating in the particular pooja will have a variety of positive effects.
- The person will be freed from their problems and hardships. The traditions on this day can help one become wise and happy.
- The devotees who plan to observe fast on this day get up early, take a bath, and get ready for puja. Prasadam and flowers are offered to the Lord.
- Visitors to the temples will offer prayers to the Lord. On this day, there is a general air of joy and levity.
- To get Lord Muruga’s particular blessings, the worshippers perform the rituals and recite the mantras. On this day, people are said to be able to remove various difficulties by praying to Lord Muruga or Lord Shanmuga.
Adi Kiruthikai Celebrated on Aug 9th 8th and 23rd – Thepotsavam Date
The festival of Aadi Krithigai will take place on August 9, 2023. (Wednesday). Kavadi would bring tens of thousands of devotees to temples dedicated to Lord Muruga.
Calendar of Activities at the Thiruthani Sri Subramanya Swami Temple
- Bharani Utchavam will take place on Tuesday, August 8, 2023.
- Aadi Krithigai – Thepotsavam at Saravana Poigai Day 1 is on August 9, 2023 (Wednesday).
- Theppa Utchavam Day-2 will take place on Thursday, August 10, 2023.
- The third day of Theppotsavam will take place on the 11th of August 2023.
A great number of worshippers would adorn themselves with saffron or green garments, participate in paada yatra, consume paal kudam (milk), pushpa (flower) kavadi, paneer kavadi, pierce spears (alagu kuthuthal), shave their heads, and do angapradakshinam.
The Thepotsavam was broadcast live from Thiruthani by Vasanth TV in previous years. One can also catch a peek of the festival on the news broadcast on Doordarshan Podhigai, SVBC TTD channel news, and Sri Sankara Television.