Know the details about the 2023 Ganga Pushkaralu Dates Timings Bathing Muhurtham, 2023 Ganga Pushkaralu Dates and Timings, 2023 Ganga Pushkaralu Dates Timings Bathing Muhurtham
In honour of the River Ganga, a celebration known as Ganga Pushkaralu is held once every 12 years. Pushkaralu is a festival observed annually at each river, in accordance with Hindu astrology and tradition. Because of India’s abundance of important rivers (there are 12, hence the annual Pushkaralu festival), the number 12 has special significance. This means that the Pushkaralu festival will only be held again every 12 years on any one river. This is why people from all around India would travel to Pushkaralu.
2023 Ganga Pushkaralu Dates Timings Bathing Muhurtham
2023 Ganga Pushkaralu Dates:
Pushkaram will begin on April 22 and end on May 3, 2023, in the zodiac sign of Aries (Guru 2023). In Mesha Rashi, while Jupiter is in transit, the Ganga Pushkaralu festival begins.
Gangotri, Gangasagar, Haridwar, Badrinath, Kedarnath, Varanasi (Kashi), and Allahabad are some of the locations where it takes place (Sangam Prayag). When Jupiter (Brihaspathi) moves into the constellation Ashwini (Pushkaras), the sign of the Dragon (Mesha Rashi), it is said that the reign of the King of the Dragons, Pushkara Raju, will begin. Among all Pushkarams, those performed in the Ganga are considered to be the holiest.
2023 Ganga Puja:
There will be a 12-day celebration of the Ganga river called the Pushkaralu. At these times, the pilrims are permitted to bathe in the Ganges. Some adhere to the belief that a dip in the Ganga must occur at precisely the right moment—during the Pushkaram Muhurtham. However, that’s not how it works; pilgrims can wash whenever they choose during the 12 days.
The government will prepare bathing ghats along the entire Ganga riverbank so that pilgrims can wash off their ritual sacrifices. Ghats are available for pilgrims to use at their own pace and during their designated muhurthams. In these days leading up to the Ganga Pushkaralu, devotees should make appropriate preparations. With tens of thousands of worshippers expected to attend the Ganga Pushkaralu, it’s clear that preparations must be made.
2023 Ganga Pushkaralu Bathing Muhurtham:
- There are 64 snan ghats in Varanasi for bathing in the Ganga Pushkara. The most significant of these is the Manikarnika Ghat.
- According to the shruthi “Brahma Vishnuscha rudrascha indradya sarva devataa pitharo rusha yasstchiava thatraiva nivasanti hee,” doing pithru karmas like the annual Pinda daan, Pitru Tharpan, and many others around the time of Pushkar is very beneficial.
- In India, there is a celebration called Pushkaram that takes place every 12 years to honour the country’s most significant rivers. Each year’s festival river is determined by the constellation of Jupiter at the time of the celebration.
- As Jupiter moves from one zodiac sign to another, it is believed that Pushkarudu, also known as pushkar God, who has the power to make any river holy, will also move.
- It is important to remember that pushkarams are performed for rivers every year when Brihaspati moves from one rashi to another. Pranahitha Pushkarams took place that year, 2022.