Know The Details About The Eravikulam National Park Tickets Online Booking, History, Park Open Timings, Closing Timings, Contacts, And More Details
In the Southern Western Ghats, close to the town of Idukki in Kerala, you’ll find Eravikulam National Park. The national park is aptly named Eravikulam, which translates to “streams and pools.” This is the most accurate way to describe the area. Before the state government of Kerala changed its status in 1978 to that of a national park, the land that is now inside the park was previously administered as a game preserve. The Nilgiri Tahr, a species that is currently considered to be in a critical endangered status, formerly called this part of the park home. In 1975, protections were put in place to ensure its survival in this environment. The highland grasslands of Eravikulam National Park span an area of 92 square kilometres and make up the majority of the park’s terrain
The National Park is characterised by a central undulating plateau that is located at a height of 2,000 metres above mean sea level. This is the primary natural feature of the park. There is a lot of rolling terrain in this park, and the highest point in the area is Anamudi, which is 2695 metres high.Grasslands, shrublands, and Shola woods make up the three primary types of vegetation that can be found in this region. Grassland predominates the higher plateaus and hills that surround the park, but the shrubland is more noticeable around the cliffs’ bases. The valleys in between the hills and the plateaus are where you will find the Shola woods. The Turner’s Valley is the valley with the greatest depth in this area, and it essentially separates the park’s northwest and southwest portions from one another.
Eravikulam National Park Tickets Online Booking
- The total land area of this national park is 97 square kilometres.
Eravikulam National Park History :
- from the months of February and March In the year 1877, this piece of land was rented out by Kannan Devan Anchannattu to J.D. Munroe. In order to begin operations, Kannan Devan Hills Produce Company Limited leased the property.
- Nilgiri Wildlife Association was established in the year 1900 with the purpose of protecting wildlife and stopping poaching.
- In 1928, a gathering of people to form the High Range Game Preservation Association took place. We have begun to compile a census of the animals.
- In 1971, as a result of the KDH Resumption Act, this region became subject to the administration of the Forest Department.
- It wasn’t until 1975 that it was officially recognised as a Sanctuary for the Nilgiri Tahr.
- It was designated as a national park in 1978, and its area is around 97 square kilometres in size.April through June is the perfect time to pay a visit.
Eravikulam National Park Opening Dates
- The hours of entry are from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- From March or April all the way through February
- Visitor hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. Daily Visitors are permitted to stay in the Park for a total of two hours at a time.
Eravikulam National Park Closed Dates
- The park will be closed for a period of two months during the Calving Season. In most cases, the shop reopens either during the last week of March or the second week of April.
Entry Cost :
- Ordinary cameras cost 50 rupees, while video cameras cost 350 rupees. The entry price for Indian adults is 200 rupees, and the fee for foreign nationals is 500 rupees. The reservation fee is 50 rupees (Reservation counter 9 am – 3 pm at Information centre, Munnar)
Contacts And More Details:
call +91 4865 231587 or send an email to email@example.com from the Forest Information Centre Wildlife Warden’s Office at Munnar PO, Idukki, Kerala, India 685 612, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other places to reach out:
The Wildlife Warden at the Wildlife Division in Munnar, India, can be reached at +91 4865 231587.
District Tourism Promotion Council Information Centre Old Munnar Road Idukki- 685 612 Phone: +91 4865 231 516 Email: email@example.com Website: www.munnartourism.com
This is about Eravikulam National Park Tickets Online Booking.