Know the latest news about Karthika Pournami Tiruvannamalai 2022 Date and Timings, Karthika Pournami Tiruvannamalai 2022 Date
At the Arunachaleswarar temple in Tiruvannamalai, there are many festivals all year long. The most important one is Karthigai Deepam, which is celebrated with pomp and joy at the Arunachaleswarar temple.
This year, Karthigai Deepam happens on December 6th, 2022. Karthigai Deepam is a ten-day festival that is also called the Karthigai Brahmotsavam festival.
Karthika Pournami Tiruvannamalai 2022 Date Timings
Tiruvannamalai Karthigai Deepam 10 Days Festival 2022:
On Wednesday (27.11.2022), the first day of the Karthigai Deepam Brahmotsavam festival, the flag is raised to mark the start of the festival, which is also called Dwajaroghanam. Lord Arunachaleswarar will be paraded in the morning and at night on the silver vahana. During the procession, the Panchamurthis are also brought out. Lord Ganapathi, Lord Murugan, Lord Sandeswarar, Lord Arunachaleswarar, and Goddess Parvathi make up the Panchamurthigal. After the Deeparadhana is done at the kalyana mandapam, these processions are done on different vahanas.
- The Karthigai Deepam festival starts on Thursday, November 28, 2022, when Lord Panchamoorthigal arrives on Lord Indira’s chariot, Indira Vimanam.
- The third day, Friday, November 29, 2022, is the Karthigai Deepam Brahmotsavam festival. The ceremony begins with 1008 Sangu Abishekam in the morning, and Lord Panchamurthigal rides in on the Simha vahanam, the lion’s chariot, in a grand procession at night.
- On the fourth day of Karthikai Deepam, which is Saturday, November 30, 2022, Lord Panchamurthigal rides the kamadhenu vahanam in a procession that starts at night. Kalpaviruksha, a lucky tree, is also on the side of the lord. People believe that this tree will always help them get what they want.
- On the fifth day, Sunday, december 1, 2022, the Kalasa Pooja ceremony starts during the day, and the procession on the silver rishaba vahanam is a beautiful sight to see at night. Lord Panchamoorthigal rides this about 25-foot-tall vahana. During the procession, people carry a big umbrella that is about 17 feet across.
- On the sixth day, Monday, December 2, 2022, the Karthigai Deepam festival brahmotsavam begins with a procession of 63 Nayanmarkals in the morning and a procession of Lord Panchamurthigal on a beautiful silver chariot that goes around the temple at night.
- Lord Panchamurthigal starts the seventh day of the Karthikai Deepam festival on Tuesday, December 3, 2022, with a procession on the Maha ratham, which is so big that it almost takes up the whole road. This ratham is made of pure wood that is strong and rough.
- The eighth day of the Karthigai Deepam festival starts on Wednesday, December 4, 2022, when Morning Lord Panchamurthigal rides the huge horse vahana in a parade. The unique thing about this horse is that when Night Lord Sri Pichandavar Utsavam goes out in procession, all four of its legs are in the air and don’t touch the ground.
- On the ninth day (5.12.2022) of the Karthigai Deepam festival, the Kailasa Vahanam procession with Lord Panchamurthigal on it can be seen. Most of the time, this ceremony takes place on the ninth night.
- On the tenth day, Friday, December 6, 2022, the Bharani Deepam (Barani Deepam Festival) is lit at the temple around 4 a.m.
In the afternoon, the Sri Subramaniar Brahma Theertha Kulam and Theerthavari Festival take place. In the evening, around six o’clock, the Maha Deepam is lit on top of the hill. During the Karthigai Deepam festival in Tiruvannamalai, there is a very important ceremony called Lord Panchamoorthigal Darshan, Lord Arthanareeswarar Alangaram Darshan, and Maha Deepam (Maha Jothi Darshan). On the top of the hill, Arunachaleswarar is said to look like the fire god Agni.
On this day, there are a lot of people at the Arunachaleswarar temple to see this beautiful and holy event. After the festival flag is taken down in Kodimaram, the night ceremony begins with Lord Periya nayagar riding the gold Rishaba vahanam in a procession. Another amazing thing is happening at the Arunachaleswar temple in Tiruvannamalai.