Know the latest details about the Kartik Ganga Snan 2022 Dates Timings Location Pooja, Kartik Ganga Snan 2022 Dates and Timings, Kartik Ganga Snan
Kartik Snan , is an important Hindu ritual that takes place on the Purnima tithi (full moon day) of the Hindu lunar month of Kartik (popularly known as Kartik Purnima). Those who use the English calendar will notice that this date falls between October and November. In the Hindu calendar, Kartik is the eighth lunar month and is thought to be a very lucky time. Several Hindu scriptures talk about the importance of this month and how holy it is.
In Hindu mythology, it is said that Lord Vishnu took the form of a fish (called a “Matysa”) during the month of Kartik to restore the Vedas. The real Kartik Snan ceremony starts on Kartik Sudda Padyami and goes on for the whole month. Varanasi, Kurukshetra, and Pushkar are all important Hindu pilgrimage sites that stay busy during Kartik Snan.
Kartik Ganga Snan 2022 Dates Timings Location Pooja
Significance of Kartik Snan:
Several Hindu religious texts and Puranas, such as the Padma Purana, Skanda Purana, and Naarad Purana, talk about the importance of Kartik Snan. Lord Krishna told His wife Satyabhama about the good things about Kartik Snan and how it was done. Hindus do the ritualistic bath in large numbers on this happy day. Getting snan in the month of Kartik is like getting 1000 Ganga snan and more than 100 Magha snan. People often believe that if they take a holy dip in the month of Kartik and give money, they will be forgiven of all their sins.
Kartik Ganga Snan 2022 Dates and Timings:
- Kartik Snan 2022 begins on Sunday, October 9, and ends on Tuesday, November 8.
- Purnima tithi runs from 3:42 a.m. on October 9 to 2:24 a.m. on October 10.
Kartik Ganga Snan 2022 Location:
On Kartik Purnima, people believe that they can get to heaven by taking a holy dip in the Ganga River at Prayag and in the “Badarikashrama” in the Himalayas. Even if you can’t take a bath in the Ganga, you should go to any nearby body of water.
Story of Kartik Ganga Snan 2022:
Hindu legends say that on this day, Lord Shiva beat the demon Tripurasur and made the Earth a safe place to live. Also, according to Ayurvedic studies, the last eight days of the Hindu month of Kartik and the first eight days of the Hindu month that comes after Kartik are called “Yamdanshtra,” which means “the strength of death.” During this time, people are told to take baths in ponds or other bodies of water, eat light meals, and pray and do religious activities. This is good for your health and your soul. New studies have also shown that Kartik Snan has scientific value. Taking a bath at this time in the morning gives you energy and frees your body of all kinds of sickness.
Rituals during Kartik Snan:
- Taking a bath in a sacred river or body of water is the most important thing to do during Kartik Snan. On this day, devotees get up before dawn to take a religious bath. This sacred bath is done by both men and women.
- Some people who want to please Lord Vishnu also fast on this day. This vrat says that the person who does it must also feed a Brahmin.
- On Kartik Snan, devotees worship Lord Satyanarayan, the Supreme Preserver. Some devotees also worship Ganga Mata, the Goddess of the holy rivers.
- The havan is also done as part of the puja. In the night, there are six “Kritikas” that are worshipped. These are Shiva, Sambhuti, Santati, Preeti, Kshama, and Anusuya.
- A buffalo is also given to a Brahmin when the puja is over. People believe that if they do all of the puja rituals, they will go to “Shivalok” after they die.
- Donating lamps on Kartik Snan is seen as a very good thing to do. It is thought to be very rewarding to light deep in the temples of Lord Shiva, Surya Dev, and Chandra Dev.
- This is the same as putting on an Ashwamegha Yagya. People can also donate in other ways, depending on what they want to do.