Know the latest details about the Magha Purnima Vrat Procedure Pooja Vidhanam Items Samagri, Magha Purnima Vrat Procedure, Magha Purnima
On Magha Purnima, people go to the Ganga, Yamuna, Kaveri, Godavari, Krishna, Tapti, and other rivers to take a holy dip. Even holy men, saints, and sages think it’s important to take a holy dip in a sacred river that represents the Ganges on this day.
Why is Magha Purnima so important?
People think that taking a bath in the holy river on the night before Magha Purnima is a very good idea. If you do good things and give money on this day, you can get forgiveness for all your sins, both present and past. On Magha Purnima, people pray to the god Vishnu and to Lord Hanuman. People believe that if they pray to these deities on this day, all of their wishes will come true.
What does Magha Purnima have to do with anything?
Hindu mythology says that Magha Purnima is a holy day for doing religious and spiritual acts and rituals. During this time, the well-known “Magha Mela” and “Kumbh Mela” are held, where hundreds of thousands of devotees come from all over the country. On the day of Magha Purnima, there is a float festival in some parts of Tamil Nadu.
Magha Purnima Vrat Procedure Pooja Vidhanam Items Samagri
What do people do during Magha Purnima?
- On the day of Magha Purnima, the first and most important thing to do is to wake up early and take a holy bath in a sacred river at sunrise.
- After taking the holy dip, devotees must worship and pray to Lord Vishnu, Lord Hanuman, and their Ishta Devta.
- People worship Lord Vishnu and do a fast called “Satyanarayana.” They have to read the “Satyanarayana Katha” and make holy food to give to the deity. Satyanarayana Puja is also done, and special arrangements are made in many temples. Fruits, supari, banana leaves, moli, til, incense sticks, and sandalwood paste are offered to Lord Vishnu during this ceremony.
- As part of the evening ritual, “Arghya” is given to the Moon God as part of a religious practise.
- On this day, reading from the Bhagwad Gita and the Ramayana is seen as an important ritual.
- On this particular day of Magha Purnima, people also do a lot of donations and charity work. As a big part of “Anna Daan,” they give food, clothes, money, and other important things to people who need them. One of the best things to give during the Magha month is til.
What is the Vrat Vidhi for Magha Purnima?
- People take a holy bath in sacred rivers early in the morning on this day.
- After that, they do a Magha Purnima Vrat, which means they don’t eat or drink anything for a whole day.
- Then, they either do Vishnu Puja in a temple or at home.
- Once the Vishnu Puja is done, the Satyanarayan Katha is read.
- They say the “Om Namo Narayana” or “Gayatri Mantra” mantra 108 times in a row.
- Then, the people give food and clothes to the poor.