Know Information About Sringeri Temple Timings Online Booking History Location Book, Significance Of The Temple, And More Details Are Given Below.
Sringeri is regarded as one of the holiest and most significant Hindu pilgrimage sites because it is the location of the first of the four Peethas (centers) founded by Adi Shankaracharya, the great guru who is credited with establishing the Advaita school of Hindu thought. The Goddess of Knowledge and Learning is honored in the Sharadamba Temple in Sringeri.
The idol at the temple is so stunning that it has brought prominence to the place. The Vidyashankara Temple is a work of art close by; its 12 carved pillars, each representing a sign of the zodiac, are arranged such that the sun’s rays fall on them in the sequence of the solar months.
Sringeri Temple Timings Online Booking History Location Book
Sringeri (IAST: ngri), sometimes spelled Shringeri, is a town in the Chikkamagaluru district in the Indian state of Karnataka. It also serves as the Taluk headquarters for that region. Here in the 8th century CE, Adi Shankara—a prominent Hindu theologian and proponent of the Advaita Vedanta philosophy—founded the first maha (Dakshinamnaya Sringeri Sharada Peetham). The town’s many temples dedicated to the gods Sri Sharadamba, Sri Vidyashankara, Sri Malahanikareshvara, and others on the banks of the river Tung attract a huge number of visitors each year.
Sringeri was named after the adjacent hill of Rishyashringa-Giri, where it is said that Rishi Vibhandaka and his son Rishyashringa lived as hermits. Rishyashringa saved the drought-stricken kingdom of Romapada by bringing rainfall, as told by Vasishtha in a tale from the Ramayana’s Bala-Kanda.
Sacred Stories from Sringeri Temple
A compelling backstory led to Mutt’s installation in this particular location. Adi Sankara saw an extremely unusual event: a hooded King Cobra providing shade to a pregnant frog to shield it from the sun. Sringeri translates to “mountain in the form of a question mark” from the original Sanskrit.
It was the neighboring Rishyasringa Hill that inspired the name Sringeri. It’s thought that Rishyasringa, rishi Vibahndaka’s son, formerly resided in this area with his parents. In order to alleviate King Romapada’s drought, he produced rain. Rishyasringa was reportedly called by King Dasaratha of Ayodhya to preside over the ritual he undertook to have children.
Sringeri Temple Timings Online Booking History Location
- Sharadhamba Darshan at Sringeri Temple, Morning Hours: 06:00 AM – 02:00 PM
- From 04 pm until 09 pm daily
- Visits to the Ganapathi Temple and the Vidyasankara Temple can be made between 7:00 AM and 01:00 PM.
- Hours in the Evening: 05:00 p.m. – 08:30 p.m.
- This is a Sri Jagadguru Darshan Timings
- Time in the Morning: 10:30 a.m.
- Evening Time: 05:30 p.m.
Most important Sringeri temples:
Goddess Sharade is worshipped in Sri Sharadamba Temple, which is known for its artistic and musical offerings. Temples devoted to Torana Ganapathy, Adi Shankaracharya, Mahalaya Brahma, Kodandarama Swamy, Hanuman (Anjaneya), Garuda, etc. can also be found at Sringeri, along with the Sri Sharadamba temple, which houses a golden image of Goddess Sharade.
Shri Vidyashankara Temple: The Sri Vidyashankara temple was constructed in the Hoysala+Dravidian style in the 14th century using only stone. Vidya Ganapathi, Durga Mata, Brahma, Vishnu, and Maheshwara may all be found in Sri Vidyashankara’s Garbha Griha (inner sanctuary).
Get directions to Sringeri Temple:
- You may fly to the nearest international airport in Mangalore, which is about 102 kilometers away.
- Located 380 kilometers from Bangalore’s international airport, Sringeri Mutt is an important religious and spiritual center.
- You can get to Mutt from the Shimoga train station in 1.
- The distance to the temple from Birur’s train station is 137 kilometers.
- Transportation may be arranged directly from 319 kilometers away in Bangalore.
- The distance to the temple from Mangalore is 116 kilometers.
Timings for the Sringeri Annadana Temple
- Times for Sringeri Annadana and Complimentary Refreshments
- Lunch hours are from 12:15 to 02:30.
- The time for dinner is between 07:15 and 08:30.
- You may find Sri Bharathi Theertha Prasada, the temple’s dining hall, close by.
- Throughout the course of the day, 7500 faithful will get free meals. It comprises both the inside and outside of the Temple.
Staying at the Sringeri Temple
Sringeri Mutt offers lodging to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis. It is not possible to make reservations ahead of time or over the Internet. Visit the Information Office, which is just next to the temple’s main entrance, after you’ve arrived.
This IS The Complete Information About Sringeri Temple Timings Online Booking History Location.