Know the details about the Thondavada Temple Agastheswara Swamy Pooja Timings Today, Mukkoti Agastheswara Swamy Temple Timings.
Thondavada Agastheeshwara Swamy Temple, also known as Sri Maragadhavalli Sameetha Shri Agastheeswara Swamy Temple or Mukkoti Temple, is a revered Siva temple that can be found in Chandragiri Mandal, close to the town of Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh.
The Thondavada Siva temple can be reached 11.2 kilometers from the Tirupati RTC Bus stop and 11.3 kilometers from the Tirupati railway station. Agasthya Mahamuni is credited for installing the Siva lingam that can be seen in this temple; hence, the lingam is known as the Agastheeswara lingam. This temple is oriented towards the east and has practically all of the Parivara Devatas located in well-built sites. Some of these deities are Lord Ganesha and Lord Subramaniyam.
It is said that Sage Agastya, son of Urvashi, built the ancient Shiva Temple known as the Agastheswara Swamy temple in Thondavada. This temple is considered to be one of the most important in India.
Thondavada Temple Agastheswara Swamy Pooja Timings Today And History
According to the legends, once Lord Srinivasa married, Sage Agasthya advised him to retire to his ashram, where he remained for the rest of his life. In this location, which is now known as the “Mukkoti Agasthyeswara swami temple,” he is said to have conducted Nityapoojas to the god Shiva. Sage Agasthya is credited with having undertaken penance at this location for the sake of Lord Shiva, which is what led to the birth of the river “Swarnamukhi” from this spot. The abode of Lord Siva is located at the confluence of the rivers Swarnamukhi and Kalyani. Anandavalli, the form that Parvati devi takes here, is the deity that is adored.
Temple Opening And Closing Times Of Thondavada
- Morning hours are from 6 am to 1:30 pm.
- After 3:30 in the afternoon till 7:30 in the evening
Mukkoti Temple Seva Timings:
- The Abhishekam to the Parivar Gods takes place between 6:00 and 7:00 in the morning.
- Abhishekam will be performed for Swamy Varu and Amma Varu from 7:00 to 9:00 AM
- 11:30 a.m., the hour of the Naivedyam
- Deeparadhana, Naivedyam – 4:30 PM
- Naivedyam, Ekantha Seva – 7:30 PM
The Uniqueness Of The Tondavada Temple:
Unlike in other temples, here Goddess Maragadhavalli appears on the left-hand side of Lord Agastheeshwara Swamy’s temple, imitating the sitting posture of a Bride and a Bridegroom in marriage as per the Hindu religious practice. The majority of ancient temples were the only places where this could be visualized.
It was decided to put the Sapthamathrukas in this location rather than the Navagrahas. They are Kowmari, Vaishnavi, Vaarahi, Bramhi, Mahedri, Maheshwari and Chamundi. Those who worship the Sapthamathrukas rather than the Navagrahas are able to get the same kinds of benefits. If someone were to pay a visit to this temple, they would be able to appreciate the sacredness of the older temple.
Route Map Of Tondavada Temple
- The Tirupati Bus Station and the Tirupati Railway Station both provide access to A.P.S.R.T.C local buses that go to Chandragiri. These buses may be used to get to the Sri Agastheshwara Swamy Temple.
- AP Gov buses to Chittoor, Pakala, and Kanipakam run through Mukkoti.
- There is little cost associated with riding the T.T.D. buses, which are also available.
- Buses that go to Talakona, Ramgampeta, Piler, and Bakarapeta pass via Kaloor Crossroad. The distance from Kaloor Cross to Mukkoti Temple is just 1.2 kilometers
- hence, you may get there by using a Share Auto, an Auto, or by walking.
This is the complete details about the Thondavada Temple Agastheswara Swamy Pooja Timings Today.