Know the details about the Maha Shivratri 2023 Srisailam Brahmotsavam Dates Schedule, Maha Shivratri 2023 Srisailam Brahmotsavam Schedule
The Mallikarjuna Temple, also known as the Srisailam Temple, is a Hindu temple in Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh, that is devoted to the god Shiva. The temple goes by both names. Due to the fact that this temple is recognised as one of Lord Shiva’s twelve Jyothirlingas, the Shaivam sects of Hinduism attach a great deal of importance to it. In this context, Parvati is venerated in the form of Mallika, whereas Shiva is venerated in the form of Arjuna, as represented by the lingam.
Srisailam Maha Shivratri 2023:
The magnificent celebration of Shivaratri celebrates the coming together of Shiva and Shakti. According to the South Indian calendar, the celebration of Maha Shivaratri takes place on Chaturdashi Tithi during Krishna Paksha in the month of Magha. On the other hand, the North Indian calendar designates the Masik Shivaratri that occurs during the month of Phalguna as the Maha Shivaratri. Both calendars use different naming conventions for the lunar months, which is the primary difference between them. Despite this, Maha Shivaratri is observed on the same day throughout both North India and South India. During the course of the night, the Shivaratri puja can be conducted either once or up to four times. The entirety of the night’s duration can be cut into four parts to obtain four Prahar, which is then used to perform the Shiva Puja ritual four times.
Maha Shivratri 2023 Srisailam Brahmotsavam Dates Schedule
Maha Shivratri 2023 Srisailam Brahmotsavam Date:
In Srisailam Sri Bhramaramba sametha Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple, one of the most well-known festivals is called Shivaratri Brahmotsavam. This event is held every year on Shivaratri. The Brahmotsavam festival will begin on February 11 and continue until February 21 in 2023.
Maha Shivratri 2023 Srisailam Brahmotsavam Schedule:
|Ankurarpanam & Dwajarohanam
|Puspha Pallaki Vahanam
|Mahashivaratri, Prabotsavam, Nandi Vahanam, Lingodbhava Maha Rudrabhishekam, Pagalkarna, Kalyanotsavam
|Aswa Vahanam, Sayanotsavam, Phuspotsavam
Maha Shivratri 2023 Srisailam Brahmotsavam events:
- Ankurarpana is the first event of the Brahmothsavams, and it is a religious ritual that is performed on the occasion of the festival.
- This is followed by Dhwajarohana, which is the raising of the Dhwaja Patam, which is adorned with the symbol of the Nandi, over the Dhwajasthambha of the temple. It is claimed that the Dhwajarohana is the most important ceremony during the beginning stages of the Brahmothsavams to invite all gods.
- The procession of the God and Goddess took place in a number of different vahanas during the Vahana Sevas, which is another significant event that took place during the celebrations. These vahanas include the Sesha Vahanam, Mayura Vahanam, Nandi Vahanam, and Aswa Vahanam.
- During the Lingodbhavakalam ceremony that takes place on Maha Sivarathri day at midnight, an Abhishekam will be done in reverence to God Mallikarjuna Swamy.
- The Rathotsavam festival, also known as the Car festival, won’t begin until the evening of the day after Mahasivaratri. More than one million pilgrims are expected to attend the festival that features cars.
- The Dhwajavarohana is the last part of the festival, and it is during this time that the Dhwaja Patakam is taken away from the Dhwajasthambham.