Know the latest news about Purattasi Month 2022 Tamil Calendar Start andEnd Dates, Timings, Purattasi Month 2022 Tamil Calendar Start and End Dates
In a traditional Tamil calendar, Purattasi Month is the sixth month and is a very important time. It is a very lucky month, and Lord Venkateswara is honoured during it (Lord Vishnu). This month is also when the Navratri festival is held. From September 18 to October 17, 2022, is Puratasi Month. On Saturdays in the month of Puratasi, special pujas and prayers are done to please Shani Bhagavan.
Purattasi Month 2022 Tamil Calendar Start and End Dates Timings
Rituals Unique to the Month:
During the month of Purattasi, special prayers are said at the Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple.
Another myth says that Lord Saneeswara (Shani) loses his powers in the month of Puratasi, making it easy to avoid his bad effects.
On Purattasi Saturday, people who love Lord Venkateswara only eat one meal. During the month, some devotees only eat food that is made from plants.
The month of Puttarasi begins on September 18 and ends on October 17.
Why Purattasi Month is Important:
In Purattasi Masam, it is said that Lord Venkateswara came to earth. Lord Vishnu’s followers think that Puratasi is the best time to thank Lord Vishnu for keeping the world safe. In Hinduism, people think that Lord Vishnu keeps things going.
On Saturdays, men draw on their foreheads a symbol of Lord Vishnu’s feet called Naamum, while women choose to draw a red dot instead. Every Saturday, hymns to Lord Vishnu are chanted.
A lot of people go to Lord Vishnu temples, and special flags with a Garuda on them are flown in them.
In the month, food is given to Lord Vishnu as part of Purattasi padayal. People think that Lord Vishnu likes these foods.
- Puliyogare is sweet and sour tamarind rice with cashew nuts.
- Sakkarai Pongal is a sweet rice dish made with moong dal, ghee, jaggery, cardamom, and cashew nuts.
- Ven Pongal is a savoury version of sakkarai pongal made with moong dal, ghee, peppercorns, and cashew nuts.
- Thayir Sadam is rice mixed with yoghurt and seasoned with mustard, curry leaves, and red chilies. Pomegranate seeds are sprinkled on top.
- Black gram/Kabuli chana Sundal: Boiled chana seasoned with mustard, asafoetida, curry leaves, and green chilies, then mixed with grated fresh coconut.
- Medu/Ulundu Vadai are puffy, crispy, savoury doughnuts made from urad dal and fried in oil.
Important Festivals in Puratasi 2022:
- Ekadasi dates in the Puratasi Masam are on September 21 and October 6
- September 23 and October 7 are Shiva Pradosham dates.
- October 13 is Pillayar Sankatahara Chaturthi (Ganesh Sankashti Chaturthi)
- October 9 is the date of Purattasi Pournami.
- Purattasi Amavasya is on September 25
- The day of Muruga Sashti Fasting is October 1.
- Dasara Navratri takes place from September 25 to October 4.
- October 5 is Dasara.