Know the latest news about the Tirumala Ghat Road Timings Today, Tirumala Ghat Road Route TTD Toll Gate Tirupati
Tirumala Ghat Road (Tirumala):
Tirupati is the holiest Hindu pilgrimage destination due to the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, which is located atop Tirumala hill, one of the seven hills in the Eastern Ghats, 26 kilometres from Tirupati via the Ghat route. In the southern part of India, the temple has a lengthy tradition of devotion dating back over a thousand years.
Tirumala Ghat Road Timings Today Route through TTD Toll Gate Tirupati
Pilgrims can take either the road or the pedestrian path from Tirupati to Tirumala. Two all-weather asphalt ghat roads have been built between Tirupati and Tirumala.
- The uphill ghat road to Tirumala is around 17.80 kilometres long.
- The down ghat road to Tirupati is about 18 kilometres long.
The APSRTC runs regular bus services to Tirumala from the Railway Station, the RTC Central Bus Station, the Sri Padmavathi Bus Station, and the Balaji Link Bus Station, all of which are located in different parts of Tirupati, with a convenient frequency based on Pilgrim arrival timings.
- Adult fares are Rs.53/- per person.
- Child fares are Rs.29/- per person.
- Return journey tickets in Tirupati (Rs.96/- for adults and Rs.52/- for children for both upward and downward journeys) save pilgrims time and money. These tickets are valid for three days after they are purchased.
- Pilgrims may also drive themselves or hire cabs with up to 12 seats. Pilgrims are requested to respect the time limits on ghat paths in order to ensure their safety.
Timings for the Tirumala Ghat Road:
Ghat roads are usually open between 3:00 AM and 00.00 PM (21 Hours). Automobiles are occasionally permitted to operate on ghat roads around the clock.
Pilgrims should phone 0877-2263636/9000503089 and 108 for assistance from an auto clinic, crane, or ambulance if their car breaks down or is involved in an accident on the ghat roads. These vehicles are designed to arrive at their destination in a reasonable length of time, and service fees are charged at current rates. Tolls are collected for cars at Sapthagiri Toll Plaza based on management’s discretion.
Precautions to take when travelling on the Tirumala ghat road:
- On Tirumala Ghat Road, two-wheeler riders (both driver and pillion rider) must wear helmets.
- A valid driver’s licence is required. It is not possible to obtain a learner’s permit.
- The car should not have a L board.
- Seat belts should be worn by all the passengers in the vehicle at all times.
- Do not stop vehicles on the side of the road, except in designated parking zones.
- When there are bends or curves, avoid overtaking.
- Seating capacity must be strictly followed.
- Vehicles are not permitted to transport prohibited items such as non-veg, fireworks, alcohol, tobacco products, or weapons.
- The travel time should be at least 40 minutes. At the Ghat road entry point, each vehicle must register their entering time. The journey should take at least one hour. Tirumala does not allow vehicles.